Saturday, October 17, 2009

almost one and moving to nyc!

The title pretty much sums it up. My boy is almost one! I can't believe it. I honestly don't know where this year went. It makes me sad, but on the same hand it makes me so happy and proud that my little man has learned so much in just one short year.

My mom was in town last weekend. We had a good visit. We discovered that Riley is saying words! It sounds so idiotic, but I didn't realize what he was jabbering about was actually talking. He is saying up, book, apple, all done, more, dada, mama, and even said tati (for his auntie nan!) He even knows the signs for more and dada. It's simply amazing how much this boy knows! He's not quite walking yet, but I know that he will any day now. He just seems a little chicken to let go when he is cruising around the house!

There's going to be some big changes in the next month. We are officially getting ready to move to nyc. It's a shocker, but long story short...We were originally going to move back to Phoenix. LA is getting to be too expensive, all of my family is there, and it's hard to meet people here that are our ages with kids. I told my boss about the plan, and he (out of nowhere) offered me a promotion to move to NY and run our NY showroom. After a lot of talk and consideration, we decided that it's a good opportunity career-wise, and financially, so we are willing to give it a shot. We are really excited at the opportunity, but also running around like chickens with our heads cut off at all of the preparation that needs to go into a cross-country move. Two years ago this would have been easy. Sell all the stuff, throw our clothes in a suitcase, and just go. Now, since we have a baby, I feel like we need to plan everything out to the T so as to not end up in a complete bind. So, now that the move is a month-out (actually a bit less than) my stress level is rising with every day that is passing.

So here's what I have on my plate for the next month: SELL, SELL, SELL! I need to sell my furniture, baby gear and my old car. I need to sell for work. And someone needs to sell me on an apartment in Brooklyn. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you...but sad to see you move to far away. The good news is, I have friends that live in the area who go to NY and have kids! For example...carolyn!

    ReplyDelete